Grow your audience
Growing an audience is one of the most difficult tasks for branding. Getting more followers is important, however, it should be more about finding your tribe. The size of the audience does not matter the most, instead, you should focus on having a highly engaged audience that is a meaningful community for your own niche. Here, we have some tips for you to help you better grow your audience.
No matter you are planning to grow your audience for business brand or personal brand, the goal is to build a trusted relationship with your audiences. Nowadays audiences are too sophisticated to give them anything but the real deal. If you put a fake identity online, it is likely that audiences will walk away and will not follow you.
Therefore, it is very important to be genuine with people and who you voice. That does not mean you need to be totally transparent with audiences, but the closer that your ‘online voice’ is to your real voice, the more compelling it will be.
Create visually compelling content:
Think of your theme as the way you want to be perceived and what feelings you want to create. A lot of social platforms are visual mediums (think about Instagram and Pinterest), so make sure your posts look great. You do not need professional photography equipment, but your photos and videos need to be sharp, well-lit, well-composed, and in focus, at a minimum. It is complex and time-consuming, so here are some tips you might want to consider:
- Pick a color scheme: This can be achieved by choosing certain filter(s) and keeping consistency. It will make your social media page clean and more attractive. It is not necessary that your posts need to be all about a single color every time, but it is more common to focus on warm/cold schemes, as well as choosing a color and then incorporating various colors that are variants of the chosen color.
- Write great captions: Even though a lot of social platforms are visual mediums, that does not mean you can neglect captions. People tend to scan captions rather than reading them thoroughly, so you want to get all the important information into those first two lines. Keep in mind that your captions should be relevant, entertaining, or informative, compelling, and on-brand.
Use hashtags to increase your reach:
Hashtags are one of the most effective ways to increase visibility for your posts. The hashtag is powerful that connects a group of like-minded individuals through social media. Using a hashtag is free and it is a simple way to greatly increase your reach. You can pretty much tag your posts with any hashtag under the sun, and it will generally get more eyes on your content. You can find the relevant hashtag by looking at “Trending” on Twitter page. This will show you the highest ranking and most used hashtags at any given time.
Hashtags can help boost any social media strategy. If you use them correctly, you can potentially see huge growth across your channels. In order to see the results, remember to use the right number of hashtags for the platforms you’re posting on and be sure that they’re relevant to your content. Play around with different hashtags to find the ones that have a good amount of usage and will resonate best with your audience. Get creative with your hashtags and use them to amplify your posts!
Take advantage of free tools and resources:
Social platforms provide a lot of free tools that you can use to make your page look more appealing. Taking Instagram for an example, make the most of Instagram tools and resources will help you build a solid social presence and potentially grow your audiences:
- Reels: Reels is a new Instagram feature for users to create 15-second video clips set to music. It can be shared to their Stories, Explore Feed, and the new Reels tab on a user’s profile. A lot of brands and influencers use Reels to stand out from the crowd. Explore Reels and you may get new inspirations.
- Story: If you tag products in Instagram Stories, try turning on Auto-highlighting. This saves all posts with product tags to Stories Highlights, so potential customers can view them for more than 24 hours.
- IGTV: IGTV is a long-form vertical video channel that is accessible from Instagram. It gives brands the opportunity to make videos longer than typical Instagram Stories and posts. You can also view IGTV’s insights to analyze your performance, which is invaluable for business marketing and strategies.
Engage with followers/comments:
If you want engagement on social media, you have to engage too. Posting quality content is great, but if you ignore comments and never interact with any other profiles, you will have a lonely existence on the network. There are some simple ways to increase engagement, for example, you can respond to comments users post on your feed. Also, you can seek out popular accounts in your niche, follow them, and like and comment on their posts. Make yourself visible in a non-promotional way.
Pinning comments from top fans, or simply comments that are likely to spark conversations, is also a way to encourage more engagement on your posts. This makes it more fun and productive for you to engage, too, since you will have a greater chance to respond to real people rather than bots or trolls.
Analyze what is working:
With all this effort going into growing your audience, you need to monitor which ‘convert’ the best. You can switch your account to Business on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or LinkedIn to view insights on each post. You will be able to see what drives your audience to the content, either from hashtag, profile, or home, etc. You will also view total reach and interactions of the post. It can help you make a note of growth week-to-week that you can use an excel spreadsheet or Google sheet to track this.
However, keep in mind that raw follower count is just one way of measuring how your audience has grown. For in-depth analysis, you want to know how covetable your content is. With Linkr.bio ‘View Statistics’ you get insights on how many times your Linkr has been viewed, as well as how many times that view converts into a clicked link. There are more analytical data to help you with further content creation.